Recipe of “Flatbread – flourless pizza” by Mateu Casañas, Oriol Castro and Eduard Xatruch from Restaurant Disfrutar, Barcelona, Spain
INGREDIENTS FOR 8 PEOPLE
For the base of inulin cream
500g of cream (35% fat)
150g of cold inulin powder “Sosa”
1. Place half of the cream into a saucepan, add the inulin powder little by little and blend thoroughly with the help of an electric whisk. Add the rest of the cream and blend.
2. Heat the base to 65ºC and cool it in bain-marie in the fridge.
3. Leave it in the fridge for 24 hours and remove the top layer. Store in the fridge.
For the flourless pizza
1 roll of oblaat
500g of inulin base
100g of pieces of dried bread Fine salt
1. With the help of scissors, cut the oblaat into 12cm x 24cm sheets.
2. Take the pieces of dried bread and crush them with the help of a jug blender until granulated bread powder is obtained.
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and place 2 flat baking trays upside down so that they warm up.
4. With the help of a brush, paint over the silpat with the inulin cream base without excess.
5. Over the painted layer, add 1 cut oblaat sheet, paint over the sheet and add another one above. Repeat the same process until 8 layers are obtained, and every two layers insert a pinch of breadcrumbs. On finishing, add a pinch of fine salt on the top.
6. Once there are 3 flatbreads of 8 layers each on the silpat, place them in the oven on top of the hot baking tray. Cook at 180ºC, at speed 1, for 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Once crispy and browned, remove it from the oven and store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
For the basil water
450g of fresh basil leaves
900g of mineral water
0,5g of ascorbic acid
1. Wash and remove the basil leaves.
In a saucepan with boiling water, scald the basil for about 3 seconds and then chill it in an ice-water bath. Drain well.
2. For the basil juice, grind the scalded basil with water and ascorbic acid, blend well. Strain and keep in the fridge.
For basil jelly
400g of basil water (previous preparation)
2 gelatine sheets
1. Hydrate the gelatine sheets in water and ice.
2. In a small saucepan, heat a small part of basil water, add it to the rest of the water and ration inside a glass bowl with gr each.
3. Store in the fridge.
For the burrata
1 fresh burrata
1. With the help of gloves, open the burrata and remove all the cream from inside.
2. Ration in balls for service
For 1 pizza gr.
For the basil leaves
1 bunch of basil
1. Select the smallest basil leaves up to 2.5cm large.
2. Place them in ice and water until serving time.
For the oregano oil
150g of dried oregano
300g of corn oil
1. Place oregano in the dehydrator so that it is well dried.
2. Pack the oil with dried oregano in a vacuum bag at 100% vacuum.
3. Cook in the roner for 4 hours at 60ºC.
4. Strain and store in a small sauce dispenser.
Olive oil caviar
Finish and presentation
1. We need to prepare the “tray” service because it will be finished in the restaurant room.
a. 1 bread knife
b. 1 nice wooden cutting board
c. 1 tongs
d. 1 spatula
e. 1 pepper / 1 salt shaker
f. 4 teaspoons
g. 1 burrata ball for each pizza
h. 1 tub of basil jelly
i. 1 bowl with basil leaves
j. 1 salt / 1 pepper shaker
k. Bowl with olive oil caviar
l. 1 pizza with tomato powder sprinkled on top and 4 drops of oregano oil.
2. Finish at the table. We will get 4 portions from each pizza. On each portion, we will lay 3 pieces of basil jelly, 3 pieces of burrata, 2 bouquets of caviar-oil and 2 basil leaves.