THE RANKING POWERED BY THE BEST CHEF WANTS TO IDENTIFY THE BEST PIZZA CHEFS IN THE WORLD.
In its simplest meaning, pizza is the most loved food in the world. Over the last few years, this dish has acquired more and more relevance on the gastronomy scene with an increasingly varied and artisanal offer. Each preparation is unique, raising the concept to the level of haute cuisine in some cases.
Pizza has travelled around the world spreading to all the big and small cities of all the continents.
The love of pizza
This new ranking, powered by The Best Chef, aims to give visibility to the best Pizzaiolos in the world. They are the professionals who carry out their work brilliantly and often anonymously. With this new list, its organizers want to identify Chefs and places around the world that are very special, because of their idiosyncrasy, where you can go to enjoy this wonderful dish.
“Pizza and everything that surrounds this amazing dish belongs to everyone without limits and distinctions and in all its versions. We aim to elevate the job and the awareness of who the Pizza Chefs are. We want them to be heard making them participate in the vote”.Antonio Ruotolo, Director of The Best Pizza project
For Antonio and the team “recognizing the evolution of Pizza, its cultural roots and ramifications, is an important task that requires everyone’s support, demonstrating an unconditional love for Pizza”.
The Best Pizza list will be the result of the opinions and votes of a group of 200 people. It includes Pizzaiolos and other gastronomy professionals from 6 continents, 24 countries, and 74 cities around the globe.
On 24 September, in addition to revealing the ranking of The Best Pizza Top100 in this online event, the winners of special prizes in the following categories will also be announced:
- The Best Pizza Science Award. This award is dedicated to the Pizza Chef who is outstanding in research, experimental techniques, and transformation.
- The Best Pizza Art Award. Food is art, Pizza is art. This Pizza Chef is celebrated as an artist for their exquisite plating in making Pizza look like paintings, almost too nice to eat.
- The Best Pizza Next Award. Dedicated to a young emerging Pizza Chef who shows truly outstanding talent and is on a brink of great success in the Pizza World.
- The Best Pizza Pastry Award. Every great lunch/dinner should end with dessert. This award celebrates the talent and skill of the Pizzaiolo behind the sweet climax of each meal by presenting his/her version of Sweet Pizza.
- The Best Fried Pizza Award. This award is dedicated to the Pizzaiolo who created the best and most delicious interpretation of fried pizza by combining its tradition and evolution.
- The Best Pizza Experience Award. This award is dedicated to a Pizza Chef/Pizzeria who provides perfect service in the dining room, creating an exquisite Pizza experience.
- The Best Pizza Margherita Award. It’s time to celebrate the Queen of Pizza. This award is dedicated to the Pizza Chef who serves the Best Pizza Margherita.
The 2021 and 2022 pizza awards
Although this ranking is new, The Best Pizza Award was already given twice: during the event of The Best Chef Awards 2021 in Amsterdam and The Best Chef Awards 2022 in Madrid. The winner of both was Franco Pepe from Pepe in Grani (Caiazzo, Italy).
This year, the winner will also travel to Mexico to receive the prize live on the stage during The Best Chef Awards Ceremony. It will take place on November 20, 2023, in Merida (Yucatan).
We still have to wait a while to discover The Best Pizza Chefs 2023 list. However, over the next few weeks more details will be revealed. It will bring us gradually closer to the date of 24 September when everything will be announced through the official channels:
Media center: https://bit.ly/3OGgyws
Behind The Best Pizza is The Best Chef organization. It was founded by Joanna Slusarczyk and Cristian Gadau, who have managed to position their list, created in 2017, worldwide. Chefs, journalists, and gastronomy connoisseurs from different parts of the world follow the annual awards ceremony every year. The destination this year will be, for the first time, outside Europe. The place chosen for this event is the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico and the date – November 18, 19 and 20.